Updated on 26 Oct. 2023
This Website is owned and operated by CoachBase Pte Ltd, a company registered in Singapore under ACRA number 202018754G.
CoachBase.io (or also referred to as www.CoachBase.io or “the Website” or “this Website” or “the Platform”) is an online directory of executive, business, career, relationship, health and wellness coaches (referred to as “Coach” or “Coaches” or “Trainee Coach” or “Trainee Coaches”). Individuals who are seeking Coach or Coaches are also known as “Client(s)” or “Peer Client(s)”.
These Terms set forth the terms and conditions under which you may use the Website and services as offered.
This Website offers visitors executive, business, career, relationship, health and wellness coaching.
By accessing or using the Website and the services, you approve that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms.
The terms “CoachBase” or “we” or “us” or “the Company” or “the Platform” or “the Website” refer to CoachBase Pte Ltd, and the owner of the Website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of the Website.
CoachBase is facilitating the finding and booking of sessions with external and independent Coaches for clients in the domain of executive coaching, business coaching, career coaching, relationship coaching, health and wellness coaching. Clients are either individuals or corporates. Sessions are delivered online outside of the Platform (see section "Coaching services" for details).
In order to use the Website and/or receive the services, you must be at least 18 years of age, or of the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, and possess the legal authority, right and freedom to enter into these Terms as a binding agreement. You are not allowed to use this Website and/or receive services if doing so is prohibited in your country or under any law or regulation applicable to you.
Each Coach and client agrees and acknowledges that their relationship is that of independent contractors. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to create a joint venture, agency, a partnership, or employer-employee relationship between a Coach and a Client or between the Company (i.e. CoachBase Platform) and any Coach or Client.
All Coaches using CoachBase Platform agree to be bound by the terms and conditions and are expected to treat them as a professional agreement.
2. Key commercial terms offered to customers
When buying a service, you agree that:
- (i) you are responsible for reading the entire service announcement before committing to purchase it
- (ii) you enter into a legally binding contract with CoachBase Platform to purchase a service
The prices charged for using the services are listed on the Website.
We reserve the right to change the prices for services displayed on the Website at anytime, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur.
Any other charges the user/client may incur in connection with their use of the service will be at the user/client’s own cost and is not deductible.
3. Coaching services
Description of Coaching
Coaching is partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the Client to maximize personal and/or professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional, or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
3. Coaching services
Client-Coach relationship and mutual responsibilities
- Client is solely responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental, and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and his/her coaching sessions and interactions with the Coach. As such, the Client agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. Client understands coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
- Client acknowledges that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his/her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education, and recreation. The Client agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporating coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively the Client’s responsibility.
- Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If the Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the Client promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by the Client and the Coach.
- The Client understands that to enhance the coaching relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
- The Coach commits to not solicit the Client outside of the scheduled sessions for other purposes than scheduling the coaching sessions, unless the Client agrees otherwise.
3. Coaching services
Levels of Coaches
Trainee Coach - Trainee Coaches are in the process of completing or have recently completed their coach training (that must be recognized by the International Coaching Federation, the "ICF", or an equivalent organization) but feel that they need more experience prior to practicing as a professional Coach. By selecting a Trainee Coach as part of the booking process, the Client agrees to be coached by a trainee and/or a junior Coach in exchange for paying an affordable fee of 30 USD / 60 min of coaching session.
Associate Coach - Associate Coaches are experienced professionals certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) at the ACC level (100 to 500 hours of coaching practice) or either hold an equivalent certification from an internationally recognized accreditation body or showcase a comparable level of expertise.
Advanced Coach - Advanced Coaches are experienced professionals certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) at the PCC level (500 to 2,500 hours of coaching practice) or hold an equivalent certification from an internationally recognized accreditation body.
Master Coach - Master Coaches are experienced professionals certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) at the MCC level (more than 2,500 hours of coaching practice) or hold an equivalent certification from an internationally recognized accreditation body.
There are four levels of Coaches on the platform, who have different areas of focus / specialization:
Please be aware that the level of a Coach (trainee, associate, advanced, master) may not necessarily correspond to the overall level of non-coaching experience. For instance, there are Associate Coaches who have held positions as CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, yet maintain an associate level of coaching experience.
If you are unsure about which Coach to choose, please contact us. Our friendly team will be more than happy to assist you to find a Coach that best suits your needs.
- Scheduling and time of sessions
Coaches are required to offer a 30-minute free introduction to all clients in order to confirm the fit. Following the free introduction, all coaching sessions between the Coach and the client must be booked through the CoachBase Platform. No coaching sessions can be booked without using the online booking tool of the Platform. The time of the coaching sessions will be selected by the Client through the Platform as part of the booking process. The time is deemed as confirmed upon booking confirmation by the Client (auto-acceptance principle based on availabilities pre-set by the Coach from his/her profile section). If the origination of coaching relationship between a Coach and a Client arises following an introductory session booked or organised by the platform, any subsequent coaching sessions between the Coach and the Client must be exclusively reserved through CoachBase platform. It is strictly prohibited for Coaches to solicit clients who have been referred to them by CoachBase, or encourage them to use your services without using the booking system of the platform. Failure to comply with these conditions gives CoachBase the right to take legal action, which may result in penalties and/or the obligation to pay damages to the platform.
In undertaking to see the Coach for coaching, the Client is committing to meet the Coach at the agreed times.
The Coach will be ready at the appointed time. If the Client arrives late for any reasons the session will finish at the appointed time.
Establishing contact prior to the session:
For a smoother experience, the Coach is encouraged to reach out to the Client after a session is booked and before the actual session takes place. This contact aims to establish a connection, confirm the communication channel, and provide connection details for the session if necessary (e.g., for Zoom, Google Meet, etc.), especially if it’s the first session.
Contact channel for the online sessions
By default, the coaching sessions are conducted online.
The communication channel for the coaching sessions (online, via video or audio) is selected by the Client during the booking process among the different options proposed:
- WeChat - If this option is selected, Clients will need to provide their WeChat.
- Google Meet - If this option is proposed to the Client and selected, the Client will be receiving a Google Meet conference link and related details as part of the booking confirmation to their registered email. Please note that this option is proposed only if the Coach has connected their Google Meet account to their account on the Platform.
- Zoom – If this option is proposed to the Client and selected, the Client will be receiving a Zoom conference link and related details as part of the booking confirmation to their registered email. Please note that this option is proposed only if the Coach has connected their Zoom account to their account on the Platform.
- Skype – If this option is selected, Clients will need to provide their Skype ID.
- WhatsApp – If this option is selected, Clients will need to provide their WhatsApp.
- Other – If this option is selected, the Client will be asked to document their preferred communication channel in a free text box providing the connection details. This will be an arrangement to be mutually agreed between the Coach and the Client.
We request Coaches who are registered on the Platform to be at least equipped with Zoom or Google Meet.
The Coach will endeavor to create a safe and confidential learning environment for the Client.
If the geographical proximity allows, the Coach and the Client may mutually agree offline to meet face to face for the session (in compliance with local safety measures related to Covid-19 in your respective locations).
CoachBase cannot be held responsible for technical problems related to the chosen web conferencing solution, nor for mishaps due to physical meetings agreed between the Coach and the client. It is the mutual responsibility of the Coach and the Client to ensure, prior to the start of the session, that the chosen web conferencing solution or venue works for both and that both Coach and Client have a good internet connection before proceeding with the session. If you experience a problem, please contact us immediately so that we can determine if you are entitled to a refund.
3. Coaching services
Trainee Coach offering
CoachBase provides opportunities to Trainee Coaches to practice with Clients and for our Clients to experience the power of coaching at an affordable fee of 30 USD / 60 min of coaching session.
Trainee Coaches are in the process of completing or have recently completed their coach training but feel that they need more experience prior to practicing as a professional Coach.
By selecting a Trainee Coach as part of the booking process, the Client agrees to be coached by a trainee and/or a junior Coach in exchange for paying an affordable fee of 30 USD / 60 min of coaching session.
By enabling the Trainee Coach Offering from their profile section, Coaches are committing to deliver 60 min sessions to external Clients at a fixed fee of 30 USD. Please contact us to disable that option should you decide to stop with Trainee Coach Offering.
3. Coaching services
The Client may subscribe a package that would comprise a certain number of sessions to be used with the same Coach.
Packages need to be used within 120 days from subscription date. They cannot be cancelled however sessions can be rescheduled within the 120 days from the subscription date.
The Coach will take leaves during the year and will inform the Client well in advance about his/her absence when possible.
3. Coaching services
Peer-to-Peer services (for Coaches only)
CoachBase Platform offers peer-to-peer coaching services.
Each series is composed of:
- 4 * 60 min weekly sessions with a peer Coach (including 5-10 min feedback)
- 4 * 60 min weekly sessions with a peer Client (including 5-10 min feedback)
In joining peer-to-peer coaching series, you are agreeing to:
- Coach in a manner which reflects your coaching training and/or certification and upholds the internal coaching bodies code of ethics, including but not limited to maintaining confidentiality of ALL (peer) Client information and avoiding and/or making your (peer) Client aware of any potential conflicts of interest.
- Receive the required number of sessions specified in the series from your assigned Coach with genuine willingness/need, and to expect only coaching (as opposed to consulting, mentoring, counselling or any other form of non-coaching support) from your assigned Coach.
- Give the required number of sessions specified in the series to your assigned Client and treat your assigned Client as you would for a normal, fee-paying Client, although you may include the sessions you give as a Coach in your Client coaching hours log, this is not your main motivation for participation.
- Understand that although CoachBase platform does its best to make favourable matches for all participants, Coaches may not always be matched with peers having similar experiences.
- Be available for 100% of the series in order to complete both peer Coach and peer Client sessions on a weekly basis and maintain ongoing momentum (unless agreed otherwise with your peer).
- Schedule your 4 * 60 minutes sessions (for 1 series) with your assigned matches within one week upon receiving notices of your assignments (this is the peer Client’s responsibility to contact and schedule the session with his/her peer Coach).
- Leave feedback on your peer Coaches using the online system and without compromising confidentiality.
- Give permission for your reciprocal peers to leave feedback for you (only visible to you and the Platform).
- Agree to suspend judgment of your peers, including your coach and the methods he/she uses to coach you, and remain open-minded, flexible and dedicated to appreciate the reciprocal benefit of the partnership. However, if you genuinely feel that you and your partner do not have a good fit, you may end coaching at any time by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. under the agreement that you are willing to complete the remaining hours with a different partner or will provide a substitute Reciprocal Peer Coaching.
- Complete the required number of hours in both reciprocal roles, with the understanding that if for any reason a reciprocal relationship ends prior to the completion of the required number of sessions, should either party wish to complete the sessions with another partner, both will be required to do so and will be automatically placed into a new series and assigned new matches for the remaining sessions.
- Provide your peer with at least 2 hours’ notice should you need to cancel/re-schedule a session If you fail to arrive for a scheduled session, please cancel and then reschedule a new session in agreement with your peer (only possible up to 2 hours prior to the start of a session,). If you encounter any issue, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com.
- Give permission for your reciprocal peers to automatically include your details (i.e. name, contact details such as email and phone, dates of coaching) in their Client coaching hours log for certification/credentialing purposes.
- Ask permission to your reciprocal peer should you wish to record the session for certification/credentialing purposes.
- Agree to contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org should you feel at any point of time that any of the above terms and conditions have been compromised by any peer Coaching participants.
- Understand that if you breach any of the above terms and conditions, your peer-to-peer coaching subscription may be cancelled without refund of fees and future subscriptions may not be reinstated.
- Forgo the giving and receiving of hours without refund, should you withdraw from a round after the round closes and matching has taken place; and
- Engage in mentoring or supervision if you experience repeated difficulty in coaching rounds or if more than one peer reports difficulty working with you.
4. Payment, rescheduling and cancellation of sessions
Payments made by Clients
Prices of coaching session on the Platform are determined by the Coach (at the exception of the Trainee Coach offer where prices are fixed). Prices are displayed in USD.
Payments on the Platform are made via our secured payment solution provider; Stripe (https://www.stripe.com). A service charge is paid by the Client as part of the booking process.
Please note that value-added tax (e.g., VAT) may already be included in the posted price of coaching sessions on the Platform that the Client pays (it is the responsibility of each Coach to include and declare value-added tax to their respective local tax authority where their business is registered, not to the Platform). The Platform does not charge any value-added tax for the booking of a Coach by a Client.
4. Payment, rescheduling and cancellation of sessions
Payments released to Coaches
Payment release process to Coaches
Client payments on CoachBase are requested upfront as part of the booking process. We, as a Platform, are coordinating the payment process and making sure that the coaching session has been completed before releasing the payment to the Coach. Please note that payments for packaged sessions are time prorated and released progressively to guarantee the good functioning of the Platform. Payments are released into the Coach’s bank account 10 business days following the completion of a Client session.
CoachBase takes a commission of 30% (apart from the service charge paid by the client), on sessions booked through the Online Coach Directory. Additionally, if you meet a client’s needs, we can personally recommend you and we can also include you in our coaching programs with businesses and organizations (at the discretion of CoachBase). Please note that sessions referred, or generated through our coaching programs with businesses and organizations, are subject to a separate contract.
Although booking currencies are displayed in USD, the actual transaction amount will be processed in your bank account’s local currency, with the conversion handled by our payment providers Stripe, Payoneer.com, or the bank. The conversion fee will be the responsibility of the Coach.
Stripe account and fees
An account with Stripe is necessary for a Coach to offer their services on the Platform and receive client payments (the creation of a Stripe account can be simply done from your Coach profile). Stripe payout fees apply (https://stripe.com/en-sg/connect/pricing) subject to update without notice:
- +0.25% of payout amount + 0.50 cents per payout
- 2 USD (or equivalent) per month debited from your Stripe account if active (i.e. if any client payouts)
While Stripe is sending card payment receipts to Clients upon payment, collecting value added tax (e.g. VAT, GST, etc.) from Clients, paying value added tax and other income/corporate taxes to local tax authorities is the responsibility of each Coach. Hence, we request Coaches to include their value added tax in their service pricing if such taxes is applicable for them.
4. Payment, rescheduling and cancellation of sessions
Rescheduling and cancellation
- Clients have the flexibility to reschedule or cancel their session up to 24 hours before its commencement (excluding non-cancellable packages, which can only be rescheduled within 120 days). Kindly be aware that rescheduling or canceling within 24 hours of the scheduled start time will result in a penalty of 25% of the payment. For complimentary introductory sessions, a fee of 10 USD will be incurred for cancellations, rescheduling within 24 hours, or no-show occurrences.
- They can do so by clicking on the rescheduling/cancellation link provided in the booking confirmation sent to their registered email.
- Note that rescheduling and cancellation via this link are mandatory for smooth processing. A session that has not been rescheduled or canceled is considered to have taken place. CoachBase has no control over rescheduling and cancellations done outside the Platform (or by not using the booking confirmation email link). Rescheduling or canceling is free of charge if done 24 hours before the start of the session. In case of cancellation at their initiative, Clients will be reimbursed fully minus the service charge (3.99% + 0.5 cents). Please note that, if you have manually added the initial coaching session to your local calendars (e.g. Yahoo!, Outlook, Gmail), cancellations and rescheduling of these sessions will not be auto-reflected in your calendars. To reflect them, you would need to update your local calendars manually.
- We regret that postponement and cancellation 2 hours before the start of the session is not possible. In the event that a client fails to show up for their scheduled session, the entire payment for the session will be forfeited.
- Coaches have the possibility to cancel any time prior to the start of the session.
- They can do so via the Platform by clicking on the cancellation button from their booking section.
- Note that cancellation via the platform is mandatory for smooth processing and that CoachBase is not responsible for any rescheduling and cancellation done outside the platform.
- In case of cancellation at the initiative of the Coach, the client will be reimbursed fully. The service charge paid by the client (3.99% + 0.5 cents) will be borne by the Coach.
- Coaches can request to reschedule a session up to 2 hours prior to its starting time by writing their Client to their registered email and asking them to reschedule themselves via the rescheduling cancellation link received in their booking confirmation email. Without a response from the Client/if the Client cannot/does not want to reschedule, Coaches are asked to cancel the session from their logged in session on the platform.
- The full rate for the coaching session will be charge to the Client for a missed session by the Client. The Coach can attempt in good faith to offer flexibility for you to reschedule the missed session. In such a case, the rescheduling needs to take place offline, the Platform will not be responsible for this arrangement.
- If the Coach misses the session without notifying the Client, the Client should notify us immediately at email@example.com for investigation. The Platform can then consider that the session is canceled at the initiative of the Coach and arrange a reimbursement for the Client. In this case, the service charge paid by the client (3.99% + 0.5 cents) will be borne by the Coach.
Lastly, if either the Client or the Coach does not arrive on time by the commencement of the session (a delay of +/- 5 minutes can be tolerated), not having already cancelled the session, it will be assumed that the other party is not coming.
5. Quality assurance and related responsibilities
CoachBase is facilitating the finding and booking of sessions with external and independent Coaches.
All Coaches signed up on our platform may be requested to undergo an interview and verification process of your submission and qualifications. From the review process, we ensure Coaches using the Platform comply with our zero-tolerance policy for any sorts of discrimination on the basis but not limited to age, race, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, or military status.
We strive to cultivate professional experience by implementing the following processes and standards:
- Coach training/education - As a minimum, Coaches using the Platform have all completed or are in the process of completing a coaching training and/or are in possession of a coaching professional certification. We do also have Coaches educated in Psychology. We reserve the right to not accept a Coach who would not meet our training or any other requirements.
- Coach selection – Coaches who offer their services on the platform have all passed an evaluation process (e.g., by being interviewed and/or undergoing a verification process of their experience, references and/or accreditations). We reserve the right, at our discretion, to not accept a Coach who fails the evaluation process.
- Continuous Client feedback monitoring – We continually monitor the feedback we receive from our clients to ensure that Coaches consistently meet our clients and our values. We reserve the right to exclude a Coach who consistently receives poor feedback from clients and/or does not live up to the values of the platform.
While we put these processes in place to ensure that Coaches meet our quality standards and respect our values, CoachBase cannot be held responsible for the content that Coaches post on their profile page, and the quality or content delivered during coaching sessions. This is the responsibility of each Coach. The client also has certain responsibilities (see Section 3 - Coaching Services). In addition, while CoachBase strives to ensure quality standards for its Coaches, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided to the Client(s) by or about the Coaches via our platform, and we are not able to confirm that a Coach is who he/she claims to be. Therefore, we advise Clients to take the necessary precautions when communicating with Coaches, and to inform CoachBase at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org if the client encounters an issue.
As a Coach using the Platform, you commit to apply the highest professional standards and code of ethics of the profession with your Clients and when communicating on the Platform at any time. The Coach understands that their responsibility can be legally engaged by the Client or the Platform in case of complaint.
If clients encounter any problems, they can provide feedback through the form sent to their registered email address at the end of each coaching session, and/or contact us directly at email@example.com.
6. Retention of right to change service offering
We may, without prior notice, change the services; stop providing the services or any features of the services we offer; or create limits for the services. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend access to the services without notice and liability for any reason whatsoever. Without prejudice to the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, CoachBase shall not be liable for any loss, damage, costs or expenses that you may suffer or incur resulting from the aforesaid deactivation, interruption, suspension, restriction and/or termination.
7. Right to change and modify terms
8. Account management (for Coaches only)
CoachBase Coaching Programs with Businesses & Organizations
Some Clients may contact us directly for a referral based on a specific need. If you meet a client’s needs, we may personally refer you and we may also include you in our coaching programs with businesses and organizations (subject to your subscription eligibility and at CoachBase’s discretion). Please note that sessions referred, or generated by coaching programs with businesses and organizations are subject to a separate contract.
- Direct lead (clients search and book directly from the Platform): commission of 30% (apart from the service charge paid by client)
- Referral lead: We may personally refer you and we may also include you in our coaching programs with businesses and organizations (subject to your subscription eligibility and at CoachBase’s discretion). Please note that sessions referred, or generated by coaching programs with businesses and organizations are subject to a separate contract.
Coaches can refer other Coaches to us from their dashboard section.
If they wish to, Coaches can submit their publications to us. We will then proceed with a review and validation to ensure the article, video or event is in line with the Platform’s scope of services and quality standards. Upon validation, the publication will be made visible to the public on the Platform’s Website and/or social media, together with the name and the picture of the Coach who has submitted it and a link to his/her profile on the Platform. In order to enable us to manage volumes and storage, the duration of the publication made visible to the public will be at the Platform’s discretion.
Submitted publications are stored by the Platform for an unlimited duration on a secured cloud database.
If Coaches wish to withdraw, amend or delete a publication stored by us, they can do so by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Account management (for Coaches only)
Right to suspend or cancel user account
We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a Coach’s access to the service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination the Coach violates any provision of these Terms or any applicable law or regulations. The Coach may discontinue use and request to close his/her account and/or any services at any time.
For suspension and account termination at the Platform’s initiative, we may proceed with a pro-time rated reimbursement of any on-going paid subscriptions.
For suspension and account termination at the Coach’s initiative, no reimbursement of on-going paid subscriptions will be made.
8. Account management (for Coaches only)
In case of account deletion, all upcoming bookings will be canceled (whether single sessions or packaged sessions) and reimbursed to the clients in an automated way. The service charge related to client reimbursement if any (3.99% + 0.5 cents) will be borne by the Coach and deducted from any remaining balance.
8. Account management (for Coaches only)
After 24 months of inactivity (i.e. Coaches have not logged in over a period of 24 months), the Coach’s account will be permanently deleted. An email notification will be sent to the registered email of the Coach upon deletion of the account.
9. Confidentiality and release of information
The coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality. However, please be aware that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like that of medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. By selling their services on the Platform, Coaches agree and engage their own responsibilities not to disclose:
- Any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent.
- The Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent.
After 24 months of inactivity (i.e., if the Coach does not have an active subscription or pay-as-you-go subscription within a 24 month period), the Coach’s account will be permanently deleted. An email notification will be sent to the Coach’s registered email address upon deletion of his account.
Confidential information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to it being furnished by the client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the client’s confidential information; (e) the Coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the Coach and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. The client also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Coach in a timely manner.
Coaches that join CoachBase for offering of coaching services to clients through subscription of our plan have a public profile that is publicly visible to site visitors. Additionally, Coaches have the option to share their publications through CoachBase website and related social media (subject to CoachBase review and approval), and these will also be visible to site visitors.
It is important to explain, that a Coach of the Website can always opt-out and decide to stop offering their services to clients, and/or delete their account, and upon doing so, such Coach’s profile will no longer be publicly visible.
The Coach will adhere to the confidentiality and release of information policy as per stated in this section.
Release of information
The Coach may engage in training and continuing education pursuing and/or maintaining Coaching credentials. That process may require the names and contact information of Clients for possible verification by the coaching organizations granting these credentials. By buying coaching services on the Platform, Clients agree to have only their name, contact information, and start and end dates of coaching shared with staff members of these coaching organizations and/or other parties involved in this process for the sole and necessary purpose of verifying the coaching relationship for professional accreditation purposes.
According to the ethics of the coaching profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and for coach professional development and/or consultation purposes.
10. Record retention policy
The Client acknowledges that the Coach has their own record retention policy with respect to documents, information and data acquired or shared during the term of the Coach-Client relationship. Such records need to be maintained by the Coach in a format of the Coach’s choice (e.g., print or digital/electronic) and secured/treated confidentially throughout the contract and for a period of not more than 24 months after contract termination. The Coach commits to send the notes to the Client on request, and to shred them after 24 months.
11. Promotional emails and content
You agree to receive from time to time promotional messages and materials from CoachBase Platform, by mail, email, or any other contact form you may provide us with (including your phone number for calls or text messages). If you do not want to receive such promotional materials or notices – please notify us at any time at email@example.com.
12. Ownership of intellectual property, copyrights, and logos
The Website logo and names are trademarks of CoachBase and are registered. The service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of CoachBase. Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works thereof.
For contents uploaded by the Coach on the Website or services provided by us, the Coach understands and acknowledge that they are entirely responsible for such user content. Further, the Coach represent and warrant that you have the authority and right to post such contents without violating the rights of third parties. Additionally, the Coaches also acknowledge that the poster of contents on the Website is responsible for any user contents including but not limited to any harms to themselves, another user, third parties or even to us.
13. Limitation of liability
First, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall CoachBase, be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the service.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, CoachBase assume no liability or responsibility for any:
- errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of the service; and
- any unauthorized access to or use of the secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein.
Second, except as expressly provided in these Terms, the Coach and/or CoachBase Platform make no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, expressed or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach and/or CoachBase be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential, or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s and/or CoachBase Platform’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach or the amount actually paid by the Coach to CoachBase Platform under these Terms for all coaching and related services (e.g. Peer to Peer Services) rendered through and including the termination date.
In no event shall CoachBase Platform and/or the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential, or special damages.
14. Dispute resolution
Client or Coach with CoachBase Platform
15. Preference of law and dispute resolution
These Terms, the rights and remedies provided hereunder, and any and all claims and disputes related hereto and/or to the services, shall be governed by, construed under and enforced in all respects solely and exclusively in accordance with the internal substantive laws of Singapore, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any and all such claims and disputes shall be brought in, and you hereby consent to them being decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Singapore. The application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded.
The Website have the ability to seek indemnification from users and customers (end Clients or Coaches) that cause damages to the Website or its owners.
You agree to indemnify and hold CoachBase harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including attorneys’ fees), made against her by any third party due to, or arising out of, or in connection with your use of the Website or any of the services offered on the Website.
17. Prohibitions and Restrictions
While we review the publications and materials that are uploaded by the Coach before publishing on the Website, the Coach also agrees to abide with our zero tolerance policy for any sorts of discrimination on the basis but not limited to age, race, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability or military status in their publications.
You may not use the Website to engage, encourage, promote, facilitate or induce yourself or others to use the Website for any activities that violate any law, statute, regulation or ordinance; for any illegal activities with fraudulent purposes or any other purposes which may cause harm to others; or to store, transmit, display or distribute contents that is illegal or harmful to others.
Additionally, you agree not to communicate contents whether directly via the site of links thereto, transmit to other users, or otherwise engage in activity/communication on the Website that:
- Provides falsified information of the Coach her/himself or inaccurate information with or without intention to mislead other users of the Website;
- Promotes discrimination, racism, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any individual or groups;
- Is intended to annoy, harass, intimidate or threaten other users of the Website and Services;
- Solicit personal information of anyone that is under 18 years of age, or of the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction;
- Is abusive, defamatory, inaccurate, offensive, obscene, vulgar, profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable in nature;
- Violate copyrighted materials from other individuals, groups or organization without prior approval or consent;
- Contains images, photographs, videos or media files of other individuals, groups or organization without prior approval or consent;
- Discloses or disseminates personal or private information of other individuals, groups or organization without prior approval or consent;
- Impersonates or misrepresents affiliation, association or connection with other individuals, groups or organization with or without intention to cheat or swindle;
- Engages or promotes illegal and unlawful activities or discussion;
- Promotes or solicit involvement in support of political parties, religion, cult or sect;
- Intention of deceiving or swindle other users from the Website;
- Contains bots, viruses, trojans or other harmful code that may disrupt the Website, or cause harm or damages to devices of other users of the Website;
- Selling, marketing, advertising, phishing, scamming, trolling on the Website or for campaigns not related to the intended use of the Website and its Services;
- Solicits illegal or vice activities such as gambling or trafficking;
- Uses robots or bots or spider, scraper or scripts or automated technology to access the Website;
- Collecting or harvesting personally identifiable information from the Website;
- Fraudulent billing of clients or falsifying information with or without the intention to cheat, manipulate the actual coaching hours.
- Duplicating or sharing of accounts which may be misleading to other users; and
- Selling, trading or giving an account to other users.
18. Customer support and contact information
If users, customers and/or coaches need customer support services and to correspond with the Website and its operators, they can do so using the contact form, or by contacting us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.