1. What is CoachBase?
CoachBase is a coaching platform that facilitates the online searching and booking of Coaches who can offer their services to clients all over the world in the domain of executive, business or career coaching, life coaching, relationship and family, and well-being coaching.
2. Do you provide services to corporate clients?
CoachBase also provides services to companies, corporations, or education institutions on a case-by-case basis, through the provision of tailored Coaching programmes and/or coaching and mentoring technology solutions (private access to company and employees). Please contact us or visit our page Corporate clients.
3. Do I need to register or create an account if I am a Client looking for a Coach?
No, there is no need to create an account. We offer a seamless and simple experience to our clients. Just simply click on Find a Coach from our home page and follow the booking steps. If you have questions or need advice on finding a Coach that best suits your needs, contact us.
4. How much time does it take to find and book a Coach?
On average, you would be able to find and book your Coach in less than 5 minutes.
5. Why do I need to pay in advance to book a Coach?
6. What is the Trainee Coach offering?
We provide opportunities to Trainee Coaches to practice with clients and for our clients to experience coaching at an affordable fee of 30 USD / 60 min per session. Trainee Coaches are in the process of completing or have recently completed their coach training but feel that they need more experience prior to practicing as a professional Coach.
7. I am not sure which Coach to choose, can I get help?
There are four levels of Coaches on the platform, who have different areas of focus / specialization:
Trainee Coach - Trainee Coaches are in the process of completing or have recently completed their coach training (that must be recognized by the International Coaching Federation, the "ICF", or an equivalent organization) but feel that they need more experience prior to practicing as a professional Coach. By selecting a Trainee Coach as part of the booking process, the Client agrees to be coached by a trainee and/or a junior Coach in exchange for paying an affordable fee of 30 USD / 60 min of coaching session.
Associate Coach - Associate Coaches are experienced professionals certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) at the ACC level (100 to 500 hours of coaching practice) or either hold an equivalent certification from an internationally recognized accreditation body or showcase a comparable level of expertise.
Advanced Coach - Advanced Coaches are experienced professionals certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) at the PCC level (500 to 2,500 hours of coaching practice) or hold an equivalent certification from an internationally recognized accreditation body.
Master Coach - Master Coaches are experienced professionals certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) at the MCC level (more than 2,500 hours of coaching practice) or hold an equivalent certification from an internationally recognized accreditation body.
Please be aware that the level of a Coach (trainee, associate, advanced, master) may not necessarily correspond to the overall level of non-coaching experience. For instance, there are Associate Coaches who have held positions as CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, yet maintain an associate level of coaching experience.
If you are unsure about which Coach to choose, please contact us. Our friendly team will be more than happy to assist you to find a Coach that best suits your needs.
8. What if I am not happy with the services provided by a Coach?
If you are not happy with the services provided by your Coach you can:
- Provide feedback to the Coach directly by completing the feedback form that will be sent to you via email right after your session or;
- Let us know about the issues you have encountered by contacting us immediately after your session, with a description of the issue, and supported evidence when you can (e.g. screenshots, description of concrete facts), so that we can find the best way to resolve it.
9. Do I need to install any software or applications to have the sessions with a Coach?
- By default, the coaching sessions are conducted online (via video or audio).
- You can select the communication channel for your sessions during the booking process among some of the different options proposed:
- Google Meet
- Another arrangement may be mutually agreed between you and your Coach at your initiative.
10. Can I reschedule or cancel my booking with a Coach?
- Clients have the flexibility to reschedule or cancel their session up to 24 hours before its commencement (excluding non-cancellable packages, which can only be rescheduled within 120 days). Kindly be aware that rescheduling or canceling within 24 hours of the scheduled start time will result in a retention of 25% of the payment. For complimentary introductory sessions, a fee of 10 USD will be incurred for cancellations, rescheduling within 2 hours, or no-show occurrences.
- You can do so by clicking on the rescheduling/cancellation link provided in the booking confirmation sent to your registered email.
- Note that rescheduling and cancellation via this link is mandatory for smooth processing. A session that has not been rescheduled or cancelled is considered to have taken place. Please also note that, if you have manually added the initial coaching session to your local calendars (e.g. Yahoo!, Outlook, Gmail), cancellations and rescheduling of these sessions will not be auto reflected in your calendars. To reflect them, you would need to update your local calendars manually.
- If you encounter a technical issue, please contact us immediately.
- Rescheduling or canceling is free of charge if done 24 hours before the start of the session. In case of cancellation at your initiative within this timeframe, you will be reimbursed fully minus the service charge (3.99% + 0.5 cents).
- Coaches have the option to request a reschedule for a session up to 24 hours before its scheduled start time by contacting their client via their registered email and requesting rescheduling through the provided rescheduling link in the booking confirmation email. If the client does not respond or is unable to reschedule, Coaches are required to cancel the session themselves through the platform.
- If either you or the Coach does not arrive on time by the commencement of the session (+/- 5 min delay is tolerated), and not having already canceled the session, it will be assumed that the other party is not coming. In case of a client no show, Coach is kindly asked to log a "no show" status in their booking tab within one hour of the session’s scheduled start time.
- The full rate for the coaching session will be charged to the Client for a missed session by the Client. The Coach can attempt in good faith to offer flexibility for Client to reschedule the missed session. In such scenarios, the Coach should reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will enable us to facilitate the issuance of a voucher to the client.
- If the Coach misses the session without notifying you, please notify us immediately at email@example.com investigating the issue.
11. What are the main services offered to Coaches?
Please look at our section Platform Benefits to explore the main services offered to Coaches.
12. How does CoachBase help me to get new clients?
- Most Clients search and book directly from the Platform using the directory search functionality (also known as "direct leads" – for which we take a commission comprised of 30% - apart from the service charge paid by the client).
- We are actively conducting marketing initiatives (e.g., through SEO, Google, social media, online events etc.) to promote our site and continuously attract clients e.g., We may also facilitate the publication of your work in the form of articles or videos on different social media platforms at no additional cost.
- Additionally, some Clients may contact us directly for a referral based on a specific need. If you meet a client’s needs, we may personally refer you and we may also include you in our coaching programs with businesses and organizations (subject to your subscription eligibility and at CoachBase’s discretion). Please note that sessions referred, or generated by our coaching programs with businesses and organizations are subject to a separate contract.
13. How much does CoachBase cost?
- CoachBase is free for individual clients (beyond paying their Coach for their sessions), they are requested to pay a small service charge for the sessions booked/held using the directory search functionality as part of the payment process. Payments on the Platform are made via our secured payment solution provider; Stripe www.stripe.com.
- Coaches need to have an active subscription to be visible and bookable by clients on CoachBase. Subsequently, Coaches can choose among two plan options (bi-annually or annually) to continue to offer their services to clients on the Platform. Please see our Memberships and Services in here.
- A plan is required for using our peer coaching services.
14. When will I recover my investment in CoachBase?
15. How much time does it take to register as a Coach?
We may contact you for an interview (via video conferencing call) and/or verify your submission and qualifications (e.g., experience, education, accreditations, etc.) prior to approving your account.
Once you have submitted all the required information, it usually takes less than 48hrs for the account to be approved. You will be notified once your application has been approved and your Coach profile will be made available for client search.
16. What are the requirements to register on the platform?
As a Coach you would need to provide:
- Your personal details such as your name, mobile number, email address and communication methods for the coaching sessions (e.g., Zoom, Google Meet, Skype, WhatsApp, WeChat, etc.). For questions on Zoom app (how to install/remove the app, what is the usage), please refer to this document. Please note that for Zoom it will be important for Coaches to turn off the use of their Personal Meeting ID for instant meetings. This will prevent collisions, where users will join the same meeting ID for two separate events. If you need any support, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our working hours are from Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm Singapore time. We get back to you within 48 hours.
- Description of yourself, your credentials (e.g., experience, education, etc.) and the services you are going to provide
- Your availabilities to coach (and being coached if you do peer-to-peer coaching)
- Create/Connect an account with Stripe to receive the payments from individual clients
17. Can I offer my services as a Trainee Coach and how to register?
- If you are enrolled in a recognized coaching training right now, you are eligible to offer your services as a Trainee Coach on the platform. To do so, you would need to provide the name of the institution you are registered in for your course, and a document to prove this so that we can confirm it.
- You can register as a Coach, and then select the option to offer your services as a Trainee Coach from your profile page (enable/disable option).
18. How do I receive my Client payments?
- Payments on the Platform are made by Clients to Coaches via our secured payment solution provider; Stripe www.stripe.com.
- Client payments on CoachBase are requested upfront as part of the booking process. We, as a Platform, are coordinating the payment process and making sure that the coaching session has been completed before releasing the payment to the Coach. Payments are sent to the Coach’s bank account 10 business days following the completion of a session with the Client.
19. Do I need to deal with Stripe if there are any issues with the payment process?
The Platform would typically deal with Stripe in case of any issues unless the issue is specific or an isolated case in which Coaches might be requested to deal with Stripe directly to fix it (e.g., configuration, connectivity, etc.).
20. Does the platform take any commissions?
CoachBase takes a commission of 30% (apart from the service charge paid by the client) from Coaches, for sessions booked/held between clients and coaches directly from the search functionality. In addition, a service fee is charged to clients as part of the payment process. Coaches are also required to have an active account with Stripe (billed monthly directly by Stripe) in order to get paid https://stripe.com/en-sg/connect/pricing, or to input their payment details for manual bank transfer or payment via wise.com (bank or wise.com commission may apply).
21. How does it work in case of any conflict with clients?
- As a Coach using the Platform, you commit to apply the highest professional standards and code of ethics of the profession with your Clients and when communicating on the Platform at any time.
- We encourage both Clients and Coaches to resolve any issues by mutual consent and mediate in good faith. You understand that your responsibility can be legally engaged by the Client or the Platform in case of complaint.
- If Clients encounter any issue, they can share their feedback with us through the feedback form sent to their registered email at the end of each coaching session to their registered email, and/or contact us directly at email@example.com.
22. How can I register to a peer-to-peer coaching series?
You would need to register as a Coach first to subscribe to peer-to-peer coaching series upon completion and validation of your profile.
23. How am I matched with other Coaches to do peer-to-peer coaching?
- You would need to indicate the preferred domain in which you would like to be coached when subscribing.
- We will match you with two coaches (i.e. one peer client and one peer coach) based on your profile (e.g. spoken language, availability, domain of expertise, level of experience etc.)
- Once you have been matched, you can start scheduling the coaching sessions with your peers.
24. What are the rules I need to follow when registering to a peer-to-peer coaching series?
- Each peer-to-peer coaching series is composed of:
- 4 weekly sessions of 60 minutes as a peer Client
- 4 peer Coach weekly sessions of 60 minutes (where you are a peer Coach)
Everyone commits to give and receive the same number of hours.
25. Could I select another Coach for the peer-to-peer coaching sessions or what if I encounter any issues during the peer coaching process?
Coaches will usually not be able to select another specific peer Coach/peer Client unless there is an issue with the other party (e.g., for not providing the hours he committed to do, for being recurrently late or cancelling the sessions in the last minute). In the cases where you encounter an issue, please contact us immediately and we will solve the issue and try on a best effort basis to match you with another peer Coach/peer Client.
26. Can I reschedule or cancel my bookings with a Client?
- You have the possibility to cancel any time prior to the start of the session by clicking on the cancellation button from your logged-in section (under my bookings).
- Cancellation via the platform is mandatory for smooth processing and that CoachBase is not responsible for rescheduling and cancellation done outside the platform.
- In case of cancellation at your initiative, Clients will be reimbursed fully. The service paid by the client will be borne by you.
- You can request to reschedule a session up to 2 hours prior to its starting time by writing your Client to their registered email and asking them to reschedule via the rescheduling cancellation link received in their booking confirmation email. Without response from the Client or if the Client cannot reschedule, you are requested to cancel the session from your logged in session in the platform.
- Lastly, if either the Client or the Coach does not arrive on time by the commencement of the session (a delay of 10 minutes can be tolerated), and not having already cancelled the session, it will be assumed that the other party is not coming.
- The full rate for the coaching session will be charged to the Client for a missed session by the Client. The Coach can attempt in good faith to offer flexibility for the client to reschedule the missed session. In such a case, the rescheduling needs to take place offline, the Platform will not be responsible for this arrangement.
- If you miss a session without notifying the Client, the Client should notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org by providing relevant screenshots as evidence of the attempted connection and waiting time for further investigation. In such cases, the platform will treat the session as canceled by the Coach and make arrangements for reimbursement to the client (please note that a service charge of 3.99% + 0.5 cents will apply and will be borne by the coach).
27. What are the main analytics and insights services provided by the Platform?
The Platform provides you with a dashboard section from where you can monitor the performance of your online coaching business and having a view on the following:
- Snapshot of your bookings
- Average peer pricing benchmarking
- Client analytics
- Client feedback (only made visible to you)
28. What are the coaching programs with businesses and organizations and how do they work?
Although most Clients book via the Coach directory functionality (direct leads), some Clients may contact us for a referral based on a specific need. If you match a Client’s specific need, we can personally recommend you. We can also include you in our coaching programs with businesses and organizations (at CoachBase’s discretion, subject to applicable opportunities leading to a separate contract with the Coach).
29. How do I delete my account?
You can easily delete your account in your profile section by clicking on "My Profile" and then "Delete my Account".
30. Stripe is not offered in my country. Do you accept other modes of fund transfers for Coaches?
Unfortunately, we are only accepting payments via Stripe at the moment. However, please drop us a message; we will look into your specifics and contact you once we have expanded other transfers options.
If you still have enquiries not addressed by the FAQ above, please contact us via this link, or drop us an email at email@example.com.